Year Joined: 1961
|APO Director||Dr. Adoracion M. Navarro||Undersecretary for Regional Development Office, National Economic and Development Authority|
|APO Alternate Director||Dr. Elba S. Cruz||President, Development Academy of the Philippines|
|NPO Head||Dr. Elba S. Cruz||President, Development Academy of the Philippines|
|APO Liaison Officer||Carlos A. Sayco, Jr.||Senior Fellow, Development Academy of the Philippines|
|Contact details||Development Academy of the Philippines (DAP)
DAP Bldg., San Miguel Ave., Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippines
(P.O. Box 12788, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines)
The DAP is classified as a government-owned and -controlled corporation with headquarters in Pasig City, Metro Manila.
The DAP is mandated to assist the country’s development efforts as a capacity builder and change catalyst. For more than three decades, it has supported the shaping of new policies, crafting of innovative programs, and modernizing the management of government agencies and private enterprises in the Philippines and the Asia-Pacific region.
The DAP as the NPO promotes productivity principles, techniques, and best practices across all sectors of the Philippine economy, helps effect actual improvements in productivity, and develops the institutional infrastructure vital to sustained productivity enhancement.
The DAP envisions itself as a world-class national development and productivity organization.
- To build capacities and partnerships among the key sectors of Philippine society;
- To generate innovative, value-adding, synergistic solutions to national and local concerns; and
- To join hands with the international community in promoting sustainable human development and global competitiveness.
Legal Character and Governance
Service Commission, Department of Agrarian Reform, Department of Agriculture, Department of Budget and Management, Department of Education, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Department of Finance, Department of Health, National Economic and Development Authority, Office of the President of the Philippines, and the DAP.
Government (national line agencies, local government units, government corporations), private-sector companies, international donor agencies, NGOs, and academia.
Training, policy, and action-oriented research, technical assistance/consultancy services, and publications in the areas of:
- Good governance (public-sector reform, corruption prevention, integrity development, electoral reform, transparency and accountability in governance, fiscal accountability, citizens’ charter)
- Productivity and quality (SME productivity and development, value chain productivity management, ISO-aligned QMS, Green Productivity, agricultural productivity, and productivity and quality improvement/management)
- Knowledge management (organizational development, human capital development, knowledge sharing of best practices, knowledge auditing, knowledge mapping, knowledge solutions)
- Sustainable human development (social equity advancement through rural development, community development, environmental management, e-community development)
Education through graduate school degree programs:
- Master’s in Public Management
- Master’s in Productivity and Quality Management
- Master’s in Organizational Development