Year of Joining: 1961
APO Director: Kobchai Sungsitthisawad, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Industry
APO Alternate Director: Dr. Phanit Laosirirat, Executive Director, Thailand Productivity Institute
NPO Head: Dr. Phanit Laosirirat, Executive Director, Thailand Productivity Institute
APO Liaison Officer: Ratchada Asisonthisakul, International Relations Department Manager, Thailand Productivity Institute
Thailand Productivity Institute (FTPI)
12-15th Floor, Yakult Building, 1025 Pahonyothin Road, Samsennai, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Thailand Productivity Institute (FTPI)
NPO Established: 1994
The Thailand Productivity Institute (FTPI) is under the supervision of the Ministry of Industry. As a leading organization with a reputation for conducting activities to improve productivity and competitiveness, the FTPI provides a wide range of services such as consultation, training, and R&D, as well as schemes to promote productivity in every aspect of Thai society. It functions to help increase the competitiveness of the Thai industry and service sectors in the world marketplace with the fundamental belief that “systematic productivity enhancement will lead to Thailand’s sustainable development.”
The vision of the FTPI is to be a leading institution in organizational management with a focus on enhancing and sustaining Thailand’s productivity. It has eight basic missions:
- To collaborate with the public sector to propel target organizations forward and to introduce productivity concepts on a broader scale;
- To equip target organizations with improved competitiveness through development, knowledge transfer, and adoption of a productivity-oriented attitude;
- To expand productivity initiatives with local and global partners;
- To develop and promote internal management systems that ensure fair, transparent treatment of positive relationships;
- To consistently produce innovation in the areas of services, processes, and products;
- To improve personnel competency to the level required by established strategies;
- To ensure career advancement and the welfare of all personnel; and
- To promote a productivity-based work culture.
- The FTPI conducts consultation and training for the manufacturing and service sectors, covering international standard systems, human resources management, and general management. It also offers distance learning and e-training courses for the public and private sectors.
- The FTPI has been active in conducting research on the purpose of national productivity enhancement to strengthen the competitiveness of Thailand.
- As the core mission concerns national productivity, the FTPI constantly promotes the concepts of quality, efficiency, and productivity among the general public and helps businesses realize how important it is to enhance productivity and efficiency through FTPI Smart Services.
- The FTPI publishes a wide selection of materials to promote productivity and knowledge among a broader audience. These include books, electronic media, posters and VCDs.
- The Knowledge Center of the FTPI serves as the focal point for productivity resources and learning. Key contents cover quality systems, productivity enhancement, as well as organization and human resources management.
- The International Relations Department is entrusted with the task of coordinating with the APO Secretariat and other APO members, as well as undertaking APO activities.
Thailand Quality Award
The FTPI has been appointed by the government to be the Thailand Quality Award (TQA) Secretariat Office. It is the main organization encouraging the manufacturing and service sectors to adopt the TQA framework as an essential tool to improve their management capability. The TQA framework and fundamentals of the technical and decision-making processes are identical to the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (MBNQA) of the USA.