The APO’s guiding principles are strategic statements intended to provide a common philosophy for national productivity movements and establish its leading organizational position. As the activities in this roadmap are undertaken, the APO and NPOs will maintain a focus on:
1. Providing leadership in continuous productivity enhancement in the region and supporting the productivity movement in all member countries;
2. Collaborating with other national and international organizations in activities of mutual benefit for greater synergy;
3. Promoting Green Productivity to protect the environment while achieving eco- competiveness and sustainable green growth; and
4. Maintaining and creating employment, promoting cooperation and collaboration between employers and employees, and ensuring the fair distribution of gains among shareholders, employers, employees, and consumers.
To complement the key guiding principles, a set of core values governs how the GBM, WSM, LOMs, and Secretariat function and act in line with the mission and vision of the APO. These core values will improve the institutional character of the APO, especially in regard to:
• Accountability in all decisions or actions carried out in an official capacity;
• Adherence to the highest professional and ethical standards when dealing with stakeholders, partners, and clients;
• Commitment to supporting and implementing program plans by allocating necessary resources;
• Equality of opportunity for all members to participate in programs and projects relevant to their needs;
• Being participatory in setting goals, targets, priorities, and program plans;
• Responsiveness to all member countries, partners, and clients on specific interests and needs;
• Transparency in decisions and transactions of the organization; and
• Relevance of all official actions to the mission and vision of the organization.