Positions open at the Secretariat
The APO Secretariat, based in Tokyo, Japan, is currently seeking qualified, highly motivated candidates for the following position:
1. Director, Agriculture Department (Job Description)
2. Corporate Communications Officer, Administration and Finance Department (Job Description)
A competitive salary and benefits package based on experience is offered.
Classification: Professional Category
Fixed-term appointment for three years, with the possibility of reappointment at the end of the term based on performance and upon mutual agreement.
Information on the roles and responsibilities, as well as required qualifications and experience, for each position is given in the job descriptions linked to the position title above.
• The APO welcomes candidates who:
– enjoy working with various nationalities from different cultural backgrounds;
– have experience in working with an international organization, a public-sector organization, and/or a multinational corporation; and
– are passionate about transforming the future of the economies of APO member countries through Smart initiatives.
• Candidates must be citizens of APO member countries.
• Retirement age at the APO is 60 years.
• Other conditions are determined by the Staff Regulations and Rules of the APO.
1-24-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan.
Saturdays, Sundays, and Japanese national holidays.
Please fill out the APO application form and send it with a cover letter in English stating which position you are applying for, why you are applying, and how you may qualify for the position. No other supporting documents, such as copies of letters, certificates, publications, or writing samples should be submitted, as they will not be considered as part of the application process.
Applications must reach the APO Secretariat by the designated deadline via e-mail to the designated e-mail address for each position.
1. Director, Agriculture Department
Application deadline: 18 March 2019
Designated e-mail address: HR-2019A@apo-tokyo.org
2. Corporate Communications Officer (Administration and Finance Department) Application deadline: 18 March 2019
Designated e-mail address: HR-2019B@apo-tokyo.org
Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Application documents will not be returned.
C. Sakaguchi (Ms.)/H. Kono (Mr.)
Administration & Finance Department
Asian Productivity Organization
1-24-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan