The use of this website constitutes acceptance of the following general terms and conditions:
- This website, apo-tokyo.org, and the affiliated websites (i.e., APO e-learning, APO Asian Quarterly Growth Map, APO Eco-products Database, APO Eco-products International Fair, and the Japanese-language site) (collectively called the “website”) are owned and/or maintained by the Asian Productivity Organization (the “APO”) as a service and courtesy to its members, partners, stakeholders, and to those who may choose to access the site (“users”).
- The material presented on this website is solely for information purposes. Users are permitted to visit the site and to download and copy any information and publications (collectively known as “materials”) from it for their personal, noncommercial use.
- Permission to use this website and any of its materials does not include the right to resell or redistribute the materials whether in their original or derivative forms.
- Users of materials from this website are required to cite the APO as the source.
- The APO is a regional intergovernmental organization comprised of countries and economies with various national languages. As a matter of practice and policy, the APO’s official language is English.
- The majority of original materials produced and published by the APO are written in English. In some cases, materials may be translated into national languages by national productivity organizations (NPOs) in member countries, their affiliated organizations, and other third parties under a prior formal arrangement with the APO.
- A Japanese website is maintained in recognition of the fact that the APO Secretariat is located in Japan and draws significant interest from local stakeholders.
- Copyrights on all materials on this website, unless expressly indicated otherwise, are held by the APO. None of the materials on this website may be used, reproduced, stored, or transferred in any form or by any means for commercial purposes without prior written permission from the APO. The following mark is generally shown in materials owned and/or copyrighted by the APO, with the ISBN, as appropriate.
© 2014 Asian Productivity Organization
- In the case of e-publications, the APO is not responsible for the accuracy, usability, and safety of the contents.
- In cases where materials are owned and/or copyrighted by a third party, the APO ensures that appropriate permission has been obtained for such materials to be used and/or published on this website.
- Users interested in obtaining copyright permission from the APO should download the request form here.
- The views expressed in various materials with names of the authors expressly cited on this website do not necessarily reflect the official views of the APO or of any APO member.
- The APO is nonpolitical, nonprofit, and nondiscriminatory and has no religious affiliation. Any reference to a commercial product or entity, a political organization, or a religious belief does not constitute an endorsement or a warranty by the APO.
- This website may contain the advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers. The APO does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information provided by any such provider, any user of this site, or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statements, or other information shall be at the user’s own risk.
- Neither the APO nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers, or content providers, shall be liable to any user or any other party for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of, or use of any content herein or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus, or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any resulting damages.
- The APO respects the privacy of users of this website. When a user registers and/or updates information on this site, all personal information provided will be securely maintained in the APO database and will be used and shared only in support of the APO website goal of disseminating information to strengthen the productivity movement. User information will only be used as follows:
- To provide users with course contents and/or information about APO activities;
- To facilitate networking among users of the site;
- To inform NPOs of user participation in APO activities and use of the site; and
- To manage e-learning programs and improve user experience in their participation in APO activities.
5. Guidelines for Users
- The site features interactive platforms and tools such as the APOnet and e-learning platforms. Users accept the protocols for use of the platforms and tools as instructed by the APO.
- Users specifically acknowledge and agree that the APO is not liable for any conduct of any user.
- All users must conduct themselves in a professional, respectful manner and must not cause harm or inconvenience to the APO and other users. In particular, users must not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (e.g., rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, distribute, or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful material or information;
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property rights (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the user owns or controls the rights or has received consent for use;
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or other device;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices, or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded; or
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a forum that the user knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such a manner.
- The APO reserves the right to remove any information that is deemed harmful, negligent, or in general adversarial to other users, to the website, or to the APO if necessary without any prior notice.
- If any user is dissatisfied with any material on this site or with any of its terms and conditions of use, the user’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the site.
6. Preservation of Immunities
Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the site organizer, which are specifically reserved.
- The APO reserves the exclusive right at its sole discretion to alter, limit, or discontinue the site or any materials in any respect. The APO shall have no obligation to take the needs of any user into consideration in connection therewith.
- The APO reserves the right to deny, at its sole discretion, the access of any user to this site or any portion thereof without notice.
- The APO encourages entities associated with the organization to link their websites to this site after obtaining prior approval from the APO.
- No waiver by the APO of any provision of these terms and conditions shall be binding except when set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.
For further enquiries, please contact the Information and Public Relations Unit, Administration and Finance Department, APO Secretariat, Tokyo, via email at: email@example.com.