Year Joined: 1961
|APO Director||Yam Kumari Khatiwada||Secretary, Ministry of Industry|
|APO Alternate Director||Madhu Kumar Marasini||Joint Secretary, Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies|
|NPO Head||Anjana Tamrakar||General Manager, National Productivity and Economic Development Centre|
|APO Liaison Officer||Kalyan Ghimire||Research Officer/Consultant, National Productivity and Economic Development Centre|
|Contact details||National Productivity and Economic Development Centre (NPEDC)
Balaju Industrial District, Balaju, P.O. Box 1318, Kathmandu, Nepal
As a public company, the NPEDC is governed by a board of directors. The board consists of six members, four of whom including the chairman and general manager, are appointed by the Government of Nepal. The remaining members represent the shareholders. The NPEDC is also supported by the National Productivity Council as its secretariat.
The internal organization of NPEDC consists of two departments, seven divisions, one visa cell, and one board secretariat. There are altogether 114 positions (70 officer level and 44 nonofficer level). The NPEDC has a group of qualified and experienced professional researchers, trainers, and consultants in the areas of management, productivity, economics, engineering, technology, and information science to provide its services for achieving its objectives. Besides its core professional staff, the NPEDC has a roster of local and foreign experts who are called upon to provide their expert services as needed.
To achieve its objectives NPEDC provides the following services:
- To conduct productivity-related training to maintain cordial industrial relations.
- To render productivity-related study, research, and consultancy services for productivity improvement.
- To create and promote mass awareness of productivity improvement through publications, information dissemination, and demonstration of various productivity improvement tools and techniques, etc.
- To conduct workshops, seminars, and conferences for productivity improvement.
- To develop and publish productivity promotion materials.
Research and Consultancy Services
Provide research and consultancy services to different institutions (government and nongovernment) including public and private industries in different areas of management, socioeconomic development, and productivity issues, e.g.:
- Industry and related economic activities
- Policy planning and programs
- Productivity management
- Socioeconomic and technoeconomic feasibility
- Energy conservation and pollution control
- Industry sector policy, planning status review, impact study, etc.
- Industrial feasibility study
- General management and functional areas of management (production, marketing, financial, and personnel)
To generate, disseminate, and supply socioeconomic, industrial, managerial, and productivity-related information so as to create widespread awareness and promotion of productivity and management development.
Ready-made Garment Export Services
To issue visas on behalf of the Government of Nepal for the export of ready-made garments from Nepal.