APO COE on IT for Industry 4.0
The 59th session of the APO GBM in Tehran in April 2017 approved the establishment the APO COE on IT for Industry 4.0 under the NPC. This COE aims at supporting industries in member countries to become more competitive and productive in the global digital economy. The COE also identifies methods to bridge gaps that could hinder the adoption of Industry 4.0 tools and technology, contributing to overall productivity improvement.
- Facilitate awareness, training, learning, and sharing of knowledge and best practices through customized training modules in the field of Industry 4.0, lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement;
- Identify and disseminate innovations and best practices in Industry 4.0 and lean manufacturing among other NPOs;
- Provide international training-of-trainers courses for APO members;
- Develop training materials and modules to support its activities;
- Build a database of technical and domain experts to assist APO member countries with their Industry 4.0 and lean manufacturing programs;
- Develop a certification program for Industry 4.0 and lean manufacturing based on IT through national courses;
- Undertake research in the field of Industry 4.0 and lean manufacturing to develop IT app-based dissemination tools for greater scalability;
- Undertake meta-analysis and benchmarking research leading to sectoral action plans for productivity enhancement;
- Establish industry–academia linkages with institutions like IIT, Gandhinagar, to resolve productivity-related issues of SMEs specifically and the economy as a whole under the Industry 4.0 scenario through the use of IT; and
- Develop strategic engagements with leading international organizations/bodies to maximize the benefits of Industry 4.0 in the Asia-Pacific context for different sectors, including institutions like Fraunhofer and Bosch in Germany and others in APO member countries.